top of page
Analytics: Revolved Triangle
Sanskrit, Viparita Trikonasana
- Present moment heart open
- Concentration & balance
- Twist brings energy and nutrients to organs and revitalizes the spine.
- Stretch's hamstrings
- High or low BP
- Block use
- Rather than having head in alignment with spine, you can gaze up at raised fingers.
Steps; From Mountain
- Wide stance, front foot 90 degrees, back foot 45 degrees
- Body in the same plane
- Legs straight with soft knees
- Energy flowing from the heart to the extended fingertips.
- Bring legs to a wide stance, left foot to 90 degrees and right (Back) foot 45 degrees.
- Bring both arms out to the sides parallel to the floor.
- Hinge torso to the left, reaching left hand to the left, moving the body over the left front leg, keeping spine straight.
- Bring the left hand down to the earth by the inside of the left foot (Or Block)
- Switch hands so the right hand is by left foot
- Twist torso facing behind you as you raise the left hand up to the sky, stacking both shoulders.
- Repeat on the other side.
Engage Bandhas, Breath
Coming Out of the Pose
- Bring upper hand down to inside of front foot to meet your other hand. Walk the hands to the center between the legs. Walk the legs together in a forward fold. Bring hands to the hips and hinge at the hips up to standing position.
bottom of page