top of page
Analytics: Extended Triangle
Sanskrit, Utthita Trikonasana
- Strengthens legs
- Stretches groin & hamstrings
- Opens chest & shoulders
- Improves balance & stability
- Low or blood pressure
- Injuries back, neck, hips and shoulders
- Use a yoga block for lower hand.
- Bring hand higher up your leg
Steps; From Mountain
- Both feet pressing into mat, front foot 90 degrees, back foot 45 degrees. Heels aligned or front heel through back arch.
- Body in one plane (Imagine your body between two walls, or stand against a wall with body up against)
- Legs straight with soft knees (Micro bend)
- Energy flows from the heart up and through the extended arms.
- Step feet apart making a wide stance
- Engage right thigh, draw femur into socket
- Lower right hand down to shin or floor, inside right foot.
- Stack left shoulder over right shoulder
- Open chest and reach left hand to the sky
- Gaze to left fingertips (Keep shoulder in socket)
-Repeat on other side
Engage Bandhas, Breath
Coming Out of the Pose
Engage abdomen and raise body upright and relax arms down and bring legs to hip width apart.
bottom of page