Analytics: Extended Triangle
Sanskrit, Utthita Trikonasana
- Strengthens legs
- Stretches groin & hamstrings
- Opens chest & shoulders
- Improves balance & stability
- Low or blood pressure
- Injuries back, neck, hips and shoulders
- Use a yoga block for lower hand.
- Bring hand higher up your leg
Steps; From Mountain
- Both feet pressing into mat, front foot 90 degrees, back foot 45 degrees. Heels aligned or front heel through back arch.
- Body in one plane (Imagine your body between two walls, or stand against a wall with body up against)
- Legs straight with soft knees (Micro bend)
- Energy flows from the heart up and through the extended arms.
- Step feet apart making a wide stance
- Engage right thigh, draw femur into socket
- Lower right hand down to shin or floor, inside right foot.
- Stack left shoulder over right shoulder
- Open chest and reach left hand to the sky
- Gaze to left fingertips (Keep shoulder in socket)
-Repeat on other side
Engage Bandhas, Breath
Coming Out of the Pose
Engage abdomen and raise body upright and relax arms down and bring legs to hip width apart.