top of page
Analytics: Side Angle
Sanskrit, Utthita Parsvakonasana
- Stretch's side body
- Open's inner thighs
- Strenthens legs
- Hip & neck injuries
-Bring back knee to floor
-Bring arm that is resting on front thigh to the floor, block or just above the floor by the shin.
- Narrow stance
Steps; From Warrior II
- Both feet wide stance front foot 90 degrees, back foot 45 degrees
- Hips and legs stable
- Front foot over front ankle
- Naval in toward spine
- Slight upward rotation of chest
- Arm that rests on front thigh has very little weight on leg
- Line of energy, back foot up along side body and out extended fingertips.
- Bend upper body from the waist toward right front leg.
- Bring right forearm & elbow to gently rest on right leg.
- Palms facing up
- Bring back arm (Left) up over the head to arch reaching to the right.
- Gaze forward
- Navel into spine, slight upward rotation of chest, open heart.
- Switch sides!
Engage Bandhas, Breath
Coming Out of the Pose
- Releasing both arms to rest, straighten front leg and bring legs back to hip with for standing pose.
bottom of page