top of page
Analytics: Plow Pose
Strengthens and opens up the neck, shoulders, abs and back muscles.
Can assist women during menopause.
Tones the legs and improves leg flexibility.
Stimulates the thyroid gland and strengthens the immune system.
Calming to the nervous system, helps to reduce stress and fatigue.
Back issues, injuries or slip discs.
Cervical issues or weak neck muscles
Weak legs, weak hamstring muscles or calf muscles.
Pregnancy and menstruation
# Use folded blanket for shoulders, rest head 2"-4" below (Lower than) shoulders.
# Use block or blanket for feet to land behind the head.
# If feet cannot reach the floor bend knees or widen legs to create a V.
#Bring hands to feet and grap toes with peace fingers.
From, supine position, laying on back
Back of head, arms and palms of hands, shoulder and shoulder blades
Lift knee caps to engage muscles
Plug toes into the mat
Clasp hands or lay flat pressing into the mat
Gaze at navel, do not turn head
Breathe into the spine creating length and space
Breathe into any tension in the hamstrings
Half Shoulder Stand
* Bring knees to chest, arms tucked to your side
* Press hands into the ground to help lift hips off floor
with knees still bent at chest.
* Move hands to lower back near hips, elbows bent and close to body, upper arms on mat.
* Walk arms down the back slowly, allowing the torso to rise & become more upright, resting on shoulders. No stress on neck.
* Inhale, straighten knees and with legs straight create a line from heels to shoulders.
* Exhale Lower feet behind head, hinging at the hip
* Legs are straight, feet flexed and coming down to mat... they may or may not reach the mat. Option to bend knees.
*Clasp hands behind back and engage shoulders by pressing arm and hands into mat, ensuring neck is elevated and protected.
* Hold pose, bandhas and breathe
Engage Bandhas & Breath
Coming Out of the Pose
* Release the pose by bringing hands flat onto the mat behind your buttocksroll the spine down slowly, one vertebra at a time, like a string of pearls.
bottom of page