Analytics: Boat Pose
Sanskrit, Paripurna Navasana
* Strengthens core & Abs
* Strengthens hip flexors
* Improves balance
* Improves focus
* Groin or knee injury
* Low back disorders
# Half boat (It is more important to maintain a straight spine than straight legs.
# Hold backs of thighs to maintain straight spine
# Place a strap under the soles of feet. Grip the ends of the strap with hands while raising legs. Press against the strap with your flexed feet.
From, seated position
Sits bones, sacrum, tail
Spine straight and elongated
Avoid rounding back, keep spine erect.
Legs outstretched as straight as possible
Arms outstretched and straight, hands facing in or up
Focus & Concentration
* Bend knees with feet flat on the floor
* Lift both feet with knees bent & shins parallel to floor
allowing torso to lean back w/straight spine (Half Boat)
* Straighten legs to 45 degrees, keeping torso upright creating a V shape with legs and torso.
* Roll shoulders back, stretch straight arms our parallel to floor with palms either facing or face up.
* Lift chest and elongate spine to support the balance
* Find a dristi to focus your concentration on
* Hold bandhas, breathe and hold balance
Engage Bandhas & Breath
Coming Out of the Pose
* Release legs on exhale and sit up on inhale