top of page
Steps to practice
- Calms the nervous system
- Reduces mental stress
- Balances mind & body
- Balances, equalizes, harmonizes prana flow through the nadi system.
- Focus & concentration
- Pregnancy (No breath retention.)
- High blood pressure
- Lung, heart, eye or ear issues
Box Breath, Equal Breathing
Position: Seated, cushion, chair, block.
- Inhale to the count of 4 (puraka)
- Retain the breath at the bottom of the exhale for a count of 4 (antara-khumbaka)
- Exhale to the count of 4 (rechaka)
- Retain the breath for a count of 4 (bahya-khumbaka.)
-After about 4 rounds you can increase the count to 6, if it is comfortable for you and does not create any strain.
- Equalizing just the inhale and exhale and eliminate the breath retention.
Equalize the four components of the breath:
-Internal retention (antara-khumbaka)
-External retention (bahya-khumbaka)
bottom of page