top of page
Analytics: Wide Leg Forward Fold
Sanskrit, Prasarita Podottasana
- Stretch entire body
- Strengthens entire body
- Opens hips
- Lengthens spine
- Inversion, brings energy to brain.
- Calms NS
- Back injuries
- Very low or high BP
- Use a block to bring floor up
- Narrow stance
- Grab the elbows
- Stretch over to each foot.
Steps; Wide stance
- Wide stance, feet facing forward.
- Tail up to sky
- Lower body coming down to earth.
- Inhale lengthening body, crown to sky
- Exhale, stick tale out slightly and hinge forward at the hips, keeping torso long as you fold forward toward floor.
- Relax head gazing behind you.
- Bring both hands to the floor between the legs.
Engage Bandhas & Breath
- Feet straight, soft knees
Coming Out of the Pose
- Bring the hands to the hips, lift the head and heart first, then hinging at the hips bring the body back to standing. Bring feet back to hip width.
bottom of page