Analytics: Wide Leg Forward Fold
Sanskrit, Prasarita Podottasana
- Stretch entire body
- Strengthens entire body
- Opens hips
- Lengthens spine
- Inversion, brings energy to brain.
- Calms NS
- Back injuries
- Very low or high BP
- Use a block to bring floor up
- Narrow stance
- Grab the elbows
- Stretch over to each foot.
Steps; Wide stance
- Wide stance, feet facing forward.
- Tail up to sky
- Lower body coming down to earth.
- Inhale lengthening body, crown to sky
- Exhale, stick tale out slightly and hinge forward at the hips, keeping torso long as you fold forward toward floor.
- Relax head gazing behind you.
- Bring both hands to the floor between the legs.
Engage Bandhas & Breath
- Feet straight, soft knees
Coming Out of the Pose
- Bring the hands to the hips, lift the head and heart first, then hinging at the hips bring the body back to standing. Bring feet back to hip width.