top of page
Nadi Shodhana Pranayama
Steps to practice
- Supports the Sushmna Nadi, the kundalini & energy channels
- Cleanses and opens sinus passages
- Regulates and balances blood pressure and heart rate
- Balances ida & pingala nadis
- Balances apana & prana vayus
- Balances all 7 Chakras
- Helps relieve chronic fatigue
- Helps relieve fibromyalgia
- Very full stomach
- Sinus problems
Alternate Nostril Breathing
Sitting: chair, cushion, block
Nadi refers to energy channels in the body, specifically the Ida & Pingala Nadis, which support the Sushma.
Ida- Feminine, left body, right brain
Pingala- Masculine, right body, left brain.
Sushumna- Great River, energy channel up the sacrum, spine, skull
- Using the right hand in vishnu mudra, pointer and middle finger curled into the palm
- With a slow, rich breath begin inhale completely
- On your exhale bring the thumb to close off the right nostril and exhale out the left nostril... inhale through the left nostril.
- Switching on the exhale
- Release the thumb and right nostril and use the ring or pinky finger to close off the left nostril.
- Exhale out the right nostril... inhale through the right nostril
- Continue switching from side to side
- Close off both nostrils for a pause between breaths
- 3rd eye mudra, with index and middle finger gently resting on 3rd eye.
Purification of the Channels
bottom of page