EY Asana II Analytics, Dancer
#1 Bring your weight and energy into the left leg, and raise the left arm up to the sky.
#2 Bend the right leg back, with Rt, hand grab the inside of the right foot at the arch.
#3 Bringing the right back slightly and feel the stretch on the quad. (This may be your pose)
#4 As you hinge forward press the rt. foot into the rt. hand to extend & straighten the right leg,
#5 Raise right thigh to at least parallel to floor, left hand is also parallel to floor.
#6 Lift sternum and open your heart.
#7 Find dristi, engage the bandhas & Allow for three deep breaths.
#8 Repeat on the other side.
Benefits: Balance & Concentration
- Improves Posture, opens heart
- Stretchs chest, shoulders, stomach, hip flexors
- Strengthens buttocks, legs, arms & ankles
- Spinal flexibility
- Improves mental/physical coordination
- Late pregnancy
- Spinal injury or recent surgery
- Shoulder issues/dislocation
- Bring balancing leg only slightly back
- Use a wall for balance
- Use a chair for balance
- Variation, raise leg all the way to verticle
Foundation: One leg on Earth
- Standing leg straight with mirco bend
- Grab the inside of the foot to keep the shoulders open.
- Lift sternum
- Lifted foot presses into hand
- Raised thigh & ext. arm is P to Earth
Coming Out: hinge back down, release the foot and come back to Mountain Pose/Tadasana